By Thomas Ricento
- provides an available advent to the learn of language coverage study and language’s position in social life
- consists of newly commissioned essays written through the world over famous scholars
- helps outline and describe a becoming box of inquiry and is an authoritative resource for college kids, students and researchers in linguistics, utilized linguistics, schooling, coverage stories and similar areas
- includes part overviews, annotated bankruptcy bibliographies, and dialogue questions
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Language Policy: Theory and Method (Language and Social Change) PDF
Best linguistics books
Freedom of speech is a practice distinct to American political tradition, and this ebook specializes in significant debates and discourses that formed this practice. It sheds clean mild on key Congressional debates within the early American Republic, constructing and utilizing an method of fallacy conception compatible to the examine of political discourse.
Smooth Greece, built via the early nineteenth-century beliefs and concepts linked to Byron, has been "haunted, holy floor" in English and American literature for nearly centuries. In Byron's Shadow analyzes how authors hire rules approximately romantic nationalism, gender politics, shifts in cultural buildings, and literary experimentation to create adaptations of "Greece" to fit altering eras.
Integrationism bargains a noticeably contextual method of the signal and represents a right away problem to educational linguistics. This ebook units out for the final reader its key claims and insights and explores criticisms provided of its procedure, in addition to the paradoxes that come up from its assault at the concept of linguistic services.
A historical past of the Hebrew language is a finished description of Hebrew from its Semitic origins and the earliest cost of the Israelite tribes in Canaan to the current day. even though Hebrew is an 'oriental' language, it truly is still heavily linked to Western tradition because the language of the Bible and used to be utilized in writing by way of the Jews of Europe through the center a long time.
- The Multilingual Lexicon
- The Morpheme: A Theoretical Introduction (Interface Explorations [IE])
- Historical perspectives on forms of English dialogue (Metodi e prosp. studi di lin. fil. lett.)
- Why We Gesture: The Surprising Role of Hand Movements in Communication
- The Language of the Civil War
Additional info for An Introduction to Language Policy: Theory and Method (Language and Social Change)
An Introduction to Language Policy: Theory and Method (Language and Social Change) by Thomas Ricento