By Silvia Macchi,Maurizio Tiepolo
Read or Download Climate Change Vulnerability in Southern African Cities: Building Knowledge for Adaptation (Springer Climate) PDF
Similar urban planning & development books
Within the 1949 Housing Act, Congress declared "a respectable domestic and an appropriate residing atmosphere for each American family members" our nationwide housing objective. this present day, little greater than part a century later, upwards of a hundred million humans within the usa stay in housing that's bodily insufficient, harmful, overcrowded, or unaffordable.
Irish democracy is dealing with a obstacle. belief in public associations, politicians and policy-making is at an rock bottom. The cave in of the Irish economic climate and the character of the political reaction have shattered many voters' trust within the efficacy of politics. This e-book argues that significant public participation is relevant to the improvement of a brand new method of democracy in eire.
The antagonism among urbanist and author Jane Jacobs and grasp builder Robert Moses may possibly body debates over city shape, yet in "Building Like Moses with Jacobs in Mind," Scott Larson goals to take advantage of the Moses-Jacobs competition as a method for studying and figuring out the hot York urban administration's redevelopment suggestions and activities.
After greater than a century of heroic city visions, city dwellers this day dwell in suburban subdivisions, gated groups, facet towns, condo towers, and slums. The modern towns we all know are extra usually the embodiment of unforeseen results and accidental effects instead of visionary making plans.
- Smart Green Cities: Toward a Carbon Neutral World
- Order and Disorder: Urban Governance and the Making of Middle Eastern Cities (McGill-Queen's Studies in Urban Governance)
- La ville et ses marges scolaires: Retour d'expériences sur l'éducation prioritaire et la rénovation urbaine en France et à l'étranger (Études) (French Edition)
- Encountering Urban Places: Visual and Material Performances in the City (Re-materialising Cultural Geography)
- Public Policymaking in Hong Kong: Civic Engagement and State-Society Relations in a Semi-Democracy (Comparative Development and Policy in Asia)
- Asset Building & Community Development
Additional info for Climate Change Vulnerability in Southern African Cities: Building Knowledge for Adaptation (Springer Climate)
Climate Change Vulnerability in Southern African Cities: Building Knowledge for Adaptation (Springer Climate) by Silvia Macchi,Maurizio Tiepolo